Detainee dies of police torture in Peshawar
Published: May 8, 2012
PESHAWAR: The family and relatives protested over the death of an under custody prisoner due to alleged police torture here on Tuesday.
According to details, Ziarat Gul, hailing from Tehkal Bala was arrested two weeks ago on charges of involvement in robbery and was under detention in Central Jail Peshawar.
The accused was brutally tortured by investigating police officials, which resulted in his death.
However, the jail administration was of the view that the accused was suffering from epilepsy and his death was caused due to dreadful disease and not torture.
Meanwhile, family and relatives of the deceased staged protest over death of Ziarat Gul. They demanded the authorities to probe the incident and bring those responsible to book.
FROM THIS SECTION
- Shaheed Bhutto party to observe 25 May as day of rigging
- PPP replaced PISP with BISP, claims Ishaq Dar
- Caretaker govt introduce small budget
- Summer vacations in Punjab from June 1 till August 14
- Caretaker govt has no authority to issue Tax Ordinance: Raza Rabbani