One security personnel, two militants killed in Bannu firing incident
Published: November 12, 2012
BANNU: One Elite Force personnel and two militants were killed in an exchange of fire in Bannu on Sunday, police source said.
According to sources, the shooting took place when three militants riding a motorcycle rickshaw (ching-chi rickshaw) opened fire on three policemen, resultantly, Elite Force personnel Muhammad Arif killed on the spot.
In retaliatory fire, two attackers, including a nephew of the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) leader Baitullah Mehsud, were killed.
Four Kalashnikovs, hand grenades, hand grenades and wireless set were recovered from the custody of the terrorists.
One militant, who was injured, was arrested by the police.
FROM THIS SECTION
- CNG cylinder explosion kills 17 children in Gujrat
- Pakistan Tehrik e Insaf (PTI): Nexus with Tehrik e Taliban Pakistan
- PIA flight PK-709 diverted from Manchester Airport, 2 men arrested
- Pakistan says US drone strikes violate sovereignty
- Pakistan remains opposed to drones after Obama speech