What is Niaouli essential oil (Melaleucaquinquenervia)? How it is effective?
WHAT IS ESSENTIAL OIL (EO) OF MELALEUCA?
Niaouli (Melaleucaquinquenervia in Latin) is a tree that can measure 15 to 25 feet high. It has a thick white bark that darkens with age. It wears gray leathery leaves to yellow, rather slender and very fragrant. Its flowers are yellow, long and pointed. Fruit, quite hard, like small capsules. Niaouli is part of the myrtle family.
This tree is mainly present in New Caledonia, Australia and Madagascar.
The essential oil (EO) niaouli is obtained from the steam distillation of the leaves of water. Colorless, smell is fresh and bitter. It draws some hints of eucalyptus.
The main compounds of the essential oils of Tea Tree: terpineol, viridifloral, pinene, 1,8-cineole.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE ESSENTIAL OIL OF MELALEUCA?
The essential oil of Melaleuca is deemed to relieve viral and respiratory infections (influenza, tonsillitis, ear infections, shingles, cold sores and genital, hepatitis, bronchitis, rhinitis, sinusitis …), Staphylococcus aureus or hemolytic streptococcus. It is also very useful in cases of asthma.
It has anti-infective properties, antibacterial, antiviral, antispasmodic, expectorant and healing.
The HE Niaouli is also anti-catarrhal (inflammation of mucous membranes), balsamic, fungicide, venous decongestant, litholytic (dissolves gallstones) and tonic. It protects the skin from radiation X-rays.
It can be used in cases of benign prostatic hyperplasia, varicose veins, hemorrhoids and rheumatism.
USING THE ESSENTIAL OIL OF MELALEUCA
Here are some examples of using the essential oil of Melaleuca, internally, in massage, in the bath, mouthwash, diffusion and inhalation.
– In case of varicose veins, mix 3 drops of essential oils of Tea Tree to 5 drops of hazelnut oil and apply on affected areas.
– During an ear infection, rub the contour of your ear four times daily with the mixture of 2 drops of essential oils of Tea Tree and 2 drops of essential oils of rosemary.
– If you have asthma, do you massage the back with 5 drops of pure essential oils of Tea Tree.
– In order to relax the muscles and soothe muscle aches, mix 7 drops of essential oils of Tea Tree, 7 drops of essential oils of bay leaves 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, apricot kernel. Massage the painful areas by insisting on the back.
IN THE BATH
To calm inflammation of the skin, pour ten drops of EO of Melaleuca in your bath water.
To purify the breath and fight against oral bacteria, pour 2 drops of EO of Melaleuca in a glass of warm water and gargle practice (without swallowing).
In prevention and treatment of infections and winter to cool the air, add 10 drops of essential oils of Tea Tree 15 drops of EO of ravensare in 25 ml water. Pour this mixture into a spray bottle. Spray several times daily.
To clear the airway, place 4 drops of EO of Melaleuca in a bowl of hot water and inhale.
THE CONS-INDICATIONS OF THE ESSENTIAL OIL OF MELALEUCA
– The use of the essential oil of Melaleuca is not recommended during the entire period of pregnancy and during lactation.
– Used pure, it can cause skin irritation. It is therefore advisable to test your tolerance crook of your elbow.
Caution: Essential oils are not suitable for everyone! Individuals with chronic diseases and the elderly should consult a physician before using essential oils.