All means to fight against mites, which poison the lives of some allergies
Dust mites are everywhere, even in the cleanest homes! Above all, they poison the lives of some allergies. Here are all the tricks to declare war.
A single gram of dust can contain up to 10,000 dust mites. Consequence: the droppings of these tiny arachnids invisible to the naked eye cause, in some allergic rhinitis, itchy eyes or asthma.Some tips to limit the growth of dust mites and their droppings.
– Aerate your apartment or house, winter and summer, at least 30 minutes per day.
– Limit room at 18 or 19 ° C, because the mites reproduce rapidly if the temperature is between 20 and 30 ° C. Eliminate electric fan heaters.
– Fight against moisture: it should not exceed 50-60%. Do not use a humidifier, be sure to reduce the moisture in the ponds, do not have an aquarium at home or green plants
– Delete your home carpet, carpets and fabrics stretched on the walls. Prefer tiles, vitrified flooring and painted walls.
– Do not multiply the curtains (especially curtains) or choose them easily washable.
– Limit nests and dust accumulations of objects. If you like books and trinkets, opt for closed libraries.
HOUSEWORK WHEN YOU ARE ALLERGIC
– Vacuum two to three times per week: an aspiration of 30 to 40 minutes can reduce 20% of mites. Bring your vacuum cleaner a HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filter. Always ventilate the room after vacuuming.
– Clean your floors once a week.
– Do not use sprays or dust suppressants detergents that can aggravate allergic reactions. Prefer damp cloth preferably microfiber. Similarly, avoid feather dusters, which disperse the mites in the room.
– Shake your carpets regularly outside of the house.
– Use a miticide (that kills mites) to complete your action. There are several on the market.
– Clean the air vents of your windows.
IN THE BEDROOM, THE TRACK MITE
– Do not choose a box spring, but a metal bed frame and wooden slats.
– Avoid bunk beds for the children, because the mattress on top reads “pour” his mite “on the bottom bunk.
– Remove pillows and mattress wool or feathers. Prefer synthetic.
– Use for your mattress, your pillows and duvet covers sealed mite, or spray once a month acaricide. In all cases, all wash once a month. For sheets and pillowcases, change them every week.
– If your child has toys, wash them every month at 60 ° C. Place them from time to time in the fridge, wrapped in a plastic bag.
– Block access to the rooms to your pets. Clean them regularly basket, mites also tend to proliferate.