Excessive us of Mobilecauses skin allergies

France has more than 59 million mobile phones. Among users, 17% of women and 3% of men are allergic to nickel, which may have consequences in case of prolonged mobile use.

A study conducted by international scientists and published in the journal Pediatric Allergy, Immunology and Pulmonology shows a link between mobile phone use and the occurrence of contact allergy.

REDNESS, ITCHING…

Many cell phones contain significant amounts of nickel, chromium, iridium, cobalt, metals may cause redness, itching, swelling, oozing at the areas which are in contact with these metals. The treatment of these contact allergies based on the local application of corticosteroids.

Researchers warn of the study, in particular, the presence of these metals in buttons, keyboard, headphones or back in 75% of phones in the Samsung brand, 70% and 50% Motorala Blackberry. In a lesser extent, Sony, LG and HTC also contain marks. Only Apple smartphones, Nokia are exempt.

GOOD ADVICE TO USE

The lesions appear, usually at from prolonged use: 30 minutes or 1 hour in a row in the day distributed. What to avoid?

You will need:

  • limit its talk time on a cell phone a few minutes;
  • protect his mobile phone of a shell case or covering;
  • Use a hands-free kit.

If the allergy persists, change the brand of phone and opt for a device without metal on the outer surface.

MORE FROM THIS SECTION


on Twitter, 'LIKE' us on Facebook

Comments are closed.