Kinesiology, a latest discipline that acts on muscle tone; and resolves energy blockages
New discipline, kinesiology acts on muscle tone to resolve energy blockages. It mainly uses muscle testing.
ORIGIN OF KINESIOLOGY
Kinesiology was invented in the 1960s in the United States by Dr. Goodheart. Taking care of his patients, chiropractor realizes that the lack of muscle tone of a patient is often linked to a diseased organ. To prevent or treat certain disorders, then it develops manual muscle testing to detect weak muscles.
Over time, other experts are looking at this initial method called applied kinesiology and offer alternatives.
Despite the willingness and efforts of government agencies to structure the profession, kinesiology is not yet recognized by the WHO.
PRINCIPLE OF KINESIOLOGY
According kinesiology, weakness or disease of an organ would affect mandatory on muscle tone. Identify a specific muscle weakness and correct it would eliminate physical or mental imbalance.
The kinesiologist therefore particularly interested in neuromuscular function in its relationship with physiological regulatory mechanisms structural, chemical and emotional. The practitioner uses muscle testing during a session for functional neurological assessments.
Following the developments in practice, muscle tests are sometimes associated with other gentle manual techniques from Chinese medicine, acupressure, chiropractic or physiotherapy.
The French Federation of specialized kinesiology defines the discipline: “The Specialized Kinesiology is a professional practice designed to promote a state of balance and physical, mental and social well-being. It offers different techniques using muscle response to stress. ”
In France and worldwide, there are over 80 types of techniques that use the term kinesiology. The most famous specialty kinésiologies are:
– Touch for Health (touch for health): a method of combining welfare muscle testing and research acupressure points borrowed from Chinese medicine. A number of specialized kinesiology methods are an extension of Touch for Health;
– Psycho-emotional kinesiology for better self-realization: when negative thoughts and emotions affect our well-being, kinesiology raises awareness and verbalizes the feelings recorded by the body during times of stress and to set a new goal, positive and dynamic. This is the area in which there are as many different methods; kinesiology harmonic being one of them;
– Kinesiology Brain Gym or the mental gymnastics: an adaptation of kinesiology to learning problems of school children;
– Kinesiology sports: used by a growing number of top athletes and sports instructors.
WHY CONSULT A KINESIOLOGIST?
A kinesiologist suffers from a notorious disrepute among professionals of modern medicine despite the goodwill of ICAK (International College of Applied Kinesiology), the French Federation of specialized kinesiology, the National Union of kinesiology. These bodies, each at their level, caution patients against malicious people who believe that a single muscle exercise (such as lowering arm) is sufficient to make a diagnosis.
According to practitioners, the applied kinesiology would however treat allergies or food intolerances, nutritional deficiencies, thyroid disorders and other diseases caused by stress or emotional distress. It would also be a preventive method to detect malfunctions and physical imbalances before they become serious.
The specialized kinesiology, meanwhile, is limited to educational activities, it does not intervene in cases of pathology and poses no diagnosis. It helps the person to realize the meaning of the state in which it is located.
HOW DOES ONE PRACTICE KINESIOLOGY?
The term kinesiology applied kinesiology is grouped and specialized kinesiology, with different practices and formations.
Only qualified health professionals with a minimum of 3500 hours of training, such as doctors, chiropractors, dentists and osteopaths are allowed to undergo training in applied kinesiology. Classes are taught by the International College of Applied Kinesiology (ICAK).
Applied Kinesiology is practiced in individual sessions for two to four sessions for passengers’ aches and up to ten sessions for more serious problems.
Disorders can be treated with kinesiology are generally connected to three disorders: chemical imbalances, structural imbalances or psychological stress. These disorders can also be combined.
Teaching specialized kinesiology is provided for anyone wishing to practice this technique without qualification in the field of health. The training is a minimum of 500 hours, after a review and implementation. Two types of training are available: schools or individual teachers.
Please note, some schools offer courses by correspondence (not always quality) and some instructors do not meet the minimum number of hours required by official bodies of kinesiology. These types of schools or practitioners are not registered with the French Federation of specialized kinesiology, the National Union of Kinesiology or the Federation of Schools of Kinesiology.
There is no indication against-kinesiology. However, muscle tests are unsuitable in case of recent surgery or trauma.
Specialized kinesiologist must comply with a code of ethics and ensure vigilance and lucid face limitations in the exercise of his profession. Kinesiology specialized consultation is a voluntary process of the person in search of a better life, an understanding of its problems or to optimize its potential (sports for example).
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A CONSULTATION IN APPLIED KINESIOLOGY?
Consultation in applied kinesiology usually takes place in five points.
– Examination: the session always begins with a detailed patient on the problem and medical history interview.
– The general examinations: after the interview, the patients pass a series of comprehensive examinations. For example, the kinesiologist evaluates changes in the patient’s blood pressure during a trivial movement.
– Specific examination procedures: these additional tests are used to determine the patient’s sensitivity to the skin, muscles, sense of balance and patellar reflexes.
– Evaluation of muscle strength: muscle testing used to detect muscle weakness and determine the cause.
– Treatment: the practitioner performs several manual operations to stimulate the lymphatic system, improve blood circulation and the spinal fluid, work on nerve fibers and balance the meridians according to the knowledge used in Chinese medicine. The practitioner also advises the patient about his lifestyle (nutrition, physical activity).
HOW IS A KINESIOLOGY SPECIALIST CONSULTATION?
Kinesiology specialized consultation usually takes place in five points.
– Definition of the goal to help the person to make the goal it wishes to give its meeting, the direction in which it goes in their search for the meaning of his imbalance.
– Evaluation imbalances by scenarios and appropriate muscle testing. Awareness of the sense of malaise.
– Research and implementation of solutions to be applied to restore the balance.
– Post-assessment changes by testing.
– Anchoring results by muscle testing. Implementation of individualized monitoring to home by appropriate exercises.
HOW TO CHOOSE A KINESIOLOGIST?
It is essential to learn about the training of the practitioner before undertaking any treatment approach in applied kinesiology or specialized kinesiology.
To guard against sectarianism often on the lookout for sensitive people, it is highly recommended to choose a practitioner in the supplementary lists, validated and updated, organizations of kinesiology:
– Directory of FFKS , French Federation of specialized kinesiology
– The National Register of SNK , National Union of Kinesiology (specialized kinesiology)
– Directory of French practitioners ICAK , International College of Applied Kinesiology.
DURATION AND PRICE OF A SESSION OF KINESIOLOGY
A kinesiology session lasts between 30 minutes and an hour for a cost of between 30 and 60 euros.
Kinesiology is not reimbursed by Medicare. However, some mutual funds, generally take into account a limited 20 euros for a small number of sessions.
BOOKS ON KINESIOLOGY
– “Any kinesiology, the body in the service of your health”, Freddy Potschka, ed. The Golden Breath: a comprehensive overview to discover the different branches of kinesiology and health applications.
– “The kinesiology, art muscle test”, Dominique and Bernascon Virginia, ed. Youth: a book that shows the different exercises kinesiology to understand how the technique works.
– “Harmonic kinesiology”, Jean-Pierre Bourguet, ed. Le Souffle d’Or: a book with a specialized psycho-emotional method of Kinesiology developed by a French kinesiologist.
– “The movement is the key to learning”, Paul and Gail Dennison, ed. Le Souffle d’Or: a must read on the movements used in Brain Gym (Educational Kinesiology).
– “Stretch source of energy”, ThierryWaymel, self-publishing: the use of kinesiology in the sport, especially for stretching.