Pollen allergy: Can the exposure be limited? How?
In France, half of allergies are due to pollens. Every spring, the plight of people with allergies resumes. If the eviction of pollen is impossible, there are some tips to limit exposure to these allergens.
In France, nearly 6 million people are affected by allergic reactions to pollens. Hay fever, asthma or conjunctivitis is the most famous of these events respiratory allergies.
Pollen allergies can crack from February to September. Pollen grains are released into the atmosphere by the plants during the flowering period. They are then distributed by insects and wind for fertilization. Depending on the region, pollination is more or less early.
According to the families of plants, pollen allergens are more or less. Grasses, ragweed, cypress and birch are among the most allergenic.
10 Tips to ‘Reduce The Risk Of Exposure To Pollen’
- Preferably air out and the inside in the morning. The amount of pollen in the air is greater between 11 h and 16 h.There is also less pollens during and after the rain.
- Avoid mowing the lawn and do not stay close when the grass is about to be cut.
- For the holidays, focus on the sea where the amount of pollen is lower in the mountains or in the countryside.
- Avoid out when there is wind.
- Take a shower and wash your hair every night to avoid the drop on the pillow accumulated throughout the day pollen.
- Do not keep clothes in her room that we do not change every day (coat, jeans).
- Do not dry clothes outdoors: when they are wet, they pick up pollen.
- Do not open the windows of the car.
- Learn about pollen peaks and monitor pollen alerts.
- Avoid picnics in the fields between April and July. Ideally, do not sleep with the window open.